Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why Eleven Kids?

Why in the world did I have eleven kids?  I get asked that all of the time, and to be honest with you.....I don't know!  After the first two I went kind of off my rocker, and from that point on I think I just didn't think. 

I know when I was little, all I wanted to be was a mom, and I kind of got the hang of things early in life.  My first baby was born when I just turned 21.....kind of like a kid having a kid.  I laugh when I think back about all of the craziness in the house.....oh, wait a minute....we didn't live in a house for the first 9 years.  We lived in a church parsonage that was connected to the auditorium of the church.  When I say "connected", I mean "connected"!  The living room door opened right up into the church auditorium. 

Since the kids are all grown now, and since it's been many, many moons ago that we lived there, I can say it.  Yep!  I did allow the kids to run like wild through the church auditorium.  And, I did let them test out the baptistry (kind of like an indoor swimming pool).  I imagine this is giving some people a half-coronary, but.....that was part of my survival technique with eleven kids!!! 

More later....just got a call from one of the critter kids....gotta talk and catch up! 

Love,
Crazy Granny
PS  No, I didn't let them run wild and test the baptistry during church services.  I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment